Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica
BeInspirational. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica is a 501(c)3 non-profit rganization dedicated to providing youth a safe and productive place to go when they need it most; afterschool and non-school days
Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as caring, responsible and productive citizens.
In 1944, thirty Santa Monica civic leaders decided to open a Club for boys to provide positive alternatives and keep them off the streets. Thus, in 1946 they opened the Boys Club of Santa Monica. By 1958, the Founding Board Members raised enough funds to build and open the Clubs current facility on Lincoln Boulevard.
Since then, approximately 150,000 youth have participated in Club programs. On October 16, 1990, the Club announced that it would extend its services to include girls and became the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica.
In 1993, the Club expanded its services further by beginning school outreach programs, offering after school activities at school sites throughout Santa Monica. On June 10, 2009, SMBGC opened the JAMS Clubhouse a new state-of-the-art, standalone facility located on the John Adams Middle School campus.
For driving, walking or transit directions on how to get to the address: 1238 Lincoln Boulevard (90401), please use the Google Map provided on right.