Soldotna sportc center
The first permanent residents of Soldotna were World War II Veterans, given a 90-day preference over non-veterans in selecting and filing for homestead property in 1947. That same year, the Sterling Highway right-of-way was bulldozed from Cooper Landing to Kenai. Soldotna was selected as the site for the Sterling Highway Bridge crossing the Kenai River.
The opening of the Sterling Highway provided a link to the outside world. The highway opened up the region...[more]