Blue Cross Arena
1880 - Kimbal Tobacco Factory opens on the present site of the War Memorial. William Kimbal's wife disliked the dirty smokestack and instead placed a 21-foot statue of the Roman God of Commerce, Mercury, atop the building.
1905 - The Kimbal Tobacco Factory closes and Cluet-Peabody & Co. take over the building. They begin manufacturing collars and shirts.
1924 - The property is purchased by...[more]