Boston Opera House
The history of the Opera House begins with its original incarnation, built on Huntington Avenue in 1901. The venue was a popular spot for local and traveling opera troupes. Unfortunately, the building fell into disrepair in the time between the Great Depression and World War II. It was eventually demolished; a Northeastern dormitory building sits where the old Opera House formerly did.
The current Opera House was originally the B.F. Keith theater, host to films ...[more]