Legion Field Stadium
In 1926, construction began on an unpretentious facility that would seat 21,000 spectators. The stadium consisted of the west stands, a press box, and a small seating area on the east side. In 1927, as a means of honoring and providing a memorial to the American Legion and those who gave service and their life to this country, the stadium became known as Legion Field.
In the dedication game of the stadium, before 16, 800 fans, Howard College (now Samford Univ...[more]