The Ernest Balmer Studio is the creative home of Tapestry and Nightwood Theatre. Located on the 3rd floor of The Cannery at the Distillery Historic District, the Ernest Balmer Studio was renovated in 2002 with the assistance of Canadian Heritage Cultural Spaces, City of Toronto Culture Build, and The Ontario Trillium Foundation.
The Ernest Balmer Studio is an ideal rehearsal space, well suited for auditions, meetings, yoga classes, receptions and even small presentations and chamber performances.
Check for available upcoming studio space or inquire about your booking well in advance to secure the dates and times which best fit your needs.
Studio features include:
* 1320 square feet of unobstructed space, 30’ X 44’
* 17-foot ceilings / 8-foot windows
* newly refinished sprung, hardwood floors
* grand piano available
* stackable chairs for 100 (studio capacity: 150)
* 2 x 200 amp electrical service
* loading dock & industrial elevator access (for heavy equipment)
* ample public washrooms
* kitchenette area (microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker)
With affordable weekly, daily, and hourly rental rates, The Ernest Balmer Studio is a valuable resource for Toronto-based and visiting artists and arts organizations in search of an airy rehearsal space, or intimate performance venue.
For driving, walking or transit directions on how to get to the address: 55 Mill Street, Building 58, #316 (M5A 3C4), please use the Google Map provided here.
To see hotels near The Ernest Balmer Studio (Distillery District) Toronto, click the "powered by Google" logo above.