The Canon Theatre began its life in 1920 as a combination vaudeville and motion picture theatre in the Pantages theatre circuit. With its original 3373 seats, it was the largest cinema in Canada and, with its lavish interior - designed by the great theatre architect Thomas Lamb - the most elegant.
January, 2008, the theatre was purchased - along with other properties in the U.S. and Canada - by Key Brand Entertainment Ltd., a company established by British film and theatre producer John Gore. Mirvish Productions completed the purchase of both the Canon and the Panasonic theatres from Key Brand on August 26, 2008.
For driving, walking or transit directions on how to get to the address: 244 Victoria Street (M5B 1V8), please use the Google Map provided on right.