The Sorg Opera House in Middletown was built in 1891. It showed opera until 1915, when it switched to movies. In 1985 it was changed back into a stage theater. At some point the second of the two balconies was hidden behind a false ceiling, and remains up there, just the same as it was back in the 1930s, when it was the colored section.
The theater''s original owner, Paul J. Sorg, haunts the theater in his 1890s formal clothing. Witnesses who have seen him there identify him by a portrai...[more]