Established in 1924, The Original Pantry has spent eight decades providing its customers with generous portions of traditional American cuisine. The restaurant started with 5 employees in a building at 9th and Figueroa St. It consisted of one room -- a 15-stool counter, a grill and a hot plate. It wasn't long before patrons were forming lines for seats. To offset the wait they were asked to place orders in advance. Presently, we do not take orders in the waiting line.
The Pantry survived ...[more]