School of Mix
We pride ourselves in providing the best Job Placement Assistance possible which means our students really do get great industry jobs!
Since over 80% of all our students go on to work for us at Mix Event Staffing, we look at all our grads as potential employees and representatives of
The School of Mix around the world.
Professional Bartending Mixology Course Winter Special Special $399!!!!!! 604-738-1446
Part time classes Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays daytime or evenings
Mondays: 12pm - 9:00pm
Tuesdays: 12pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday: 12pm - 9:00pm
Saturday Classes - 12pm - 5pm
New Classes Start every Monday at 12pm or 6pm
Tuition: $424.00 taxes, includes all books, course materials, and brewery tour
- Train for a career in professional bartending; get the industry skills you need to make the BIG MONEY!
- Hands on - work at your on pace flexible schedule
- Unlimited practice hours
- Average course span 2 - 6 weeks 40 hours of lecture and instruction as participation in pouring practice
- Introduction to the bar, bar set-up, equipment and glassware
- Bar psychology and terminology; customer employee and management relations
- L.C.B. rules and regulations; what is and is not legal
- Cost control; beverage and bar supplies
- Shot pouring and portion control
- Mixing all classic cocktails; traditional, trendy, special coffees, non-alcoholic.
- Beer; domestic, imported and specialty draft.
- How to deal with intoxicated customers
- Personnel appearance and cleanliness
- Résumés and interviews for employment
- Beer tasting and Granville Island Brewery tour
- Payment Plan Available
Professional Bartending Mixology & Wine Combo Course:
This is our professional Bartending and Wine Combo Package. Save $100 by signing-up for our Combo Course at $525
We high recommend this package for hotel and restaurant jobs.
Wine Classes are held Wednesdays 6pm-8pm (Subject to enrollment.)
Tyler Hazelwood & Katie Kitson:
As a former graduate of the Mix School of Bartending at age 19, Tyler originaly became a Bartender as a means to support his love for travelling. He has since travelled and worked as a Bartender in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, London, Amsterdam, Turkey, and Greece.
Tyler along with a handful of other Mix gradualtes worked their way across Canada on a five star hotel on wheels called the America Orient Express. Now back in Canada pursuing a career in film, t.v. and music, he has worked in numerous bars and clubs as a b..
For driving, walking or transit directions on how to get to the address: 1666 west 1st ave (V6J1G1), please use the Google Map provided on right.